CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Monica's got all her sista's with her...

This past weekend some of my family and friends went and did the Race for the Cure! We did this in honor of my sweet Monica Bruin! Monica has been like a second mom to me growing up. She lives next door to my parents and is basically a member of our family. Monica has battled breast cancer twice and it has now returned to different places in her body. She has been and continues to be such a fighter. She has also kept such a positive attitude through this trial in her life. Words can’t describe how amazing Monica is and how much I adore and love her!



Me, Monica and Brooke



Boo Boo, Mama Bear, Kenzie and me


Monica cheering and singing "We Are Family..."! Wahoo!!!


My good friend Chaundra came and joined us.



There were over 20,000 peeps there…




Monica and Kenzie at lunch after the race.

We LOVE you Monice and can't wait for next year!!!

9 comments:

Aly said...

That is so awesome you guys did that to support Monica! I love you and your sisters, and your cute MOM! You all look so beautiful! I miss my Natalee!

Erin said...

How cute are you guys!! I love so much that you did that to support Monica.

Lac said...

I grew up with Monica. Her and her family used to be in my parents ward, a really long time ago. It is so great of you and your sisters and Mom to go and support her.

..::k.toms::.. said...

I was there! Along w/ everyone else... there were a TON of people there. Too bad I didn't see you!
Let's get together soon! XOXO

The Bryner Bunch said...

What an amazing thing for you guys to do! I hope that she is doing ok and I am sure that she appreciates your support so much. Such cute pics and it was fun to see a pic of Chaundra after all of these years:) Beautiful girls:)

I hope that your b-day was a blast and thanks for all of the cute texts:) I will be in UT the end of June for the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay. We have to all get together for dinner or something. Love ya Nat!

The Bonham Family said...

Nat- I wish I could have come with you. Go Monica for kickin butt and being so dang tuff!! Im so glad you supported her. What a bunch of hott women!

Maranda said...

I feel so bad for your neighbor. That's got to be so hard to stay positive when the cancer keeps returning like that! That was nice of you guys to do and it looks like it was lots of fun too!

Ashlie said...

I am so proud of you gals. That is awesome that you did that. I would love to participate next year. You gals look so beautiful together. By the way...I love the new sunglasses. They look fabulous on you!

Heath said...

I still feel this is true...Cancer strikes the most incredible, strong willed, people. (which is why I try to stay mediocre)

Those who I know through others, and those who are close to me and have fought cancer, are my heros! Good for you for being a part of the cause.