CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Havasupai Falls




My family went to Havasupai Falls last week. It was the most amazing and magical place I have ever been. It is located in the Grand Canyon and is about a 9 hour drive and a 10 mile hike in. It was so worth every darn blister and it was my first hike with a back pack (I think I over packed a bit, my bag weighed 60 pounds, surprise!). There is a large campsite that is right next to the falls. Havasupai is this incredible oasis in the middle of the dessert with crystal clear water. We went down with most of my dad's family and friends. There was a group of 70 people. We had such a blast with our crew! We lived in our suites the entire trip and spent our days swimming, cliff jumping, rope swinging, tubing rivers, exploring (which was my favorite) and vegging out. Each fall has its own uniqueness. I personally think that Havasupai is the prettiest, Navajo reminded me of a waterfall you would find in Hawaii and was super fun, and I had the best time Mooney falls. Mooney was also my favorite to hike to. You went through a rock cave and had to hike down a sheer cliff by holding on the chains and bolts. Did I mention that the water is freezing! You eventually get used to it and it feels good because it's so hot there. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone that enjoys a good adventure and nature. You can get all of the information at www.havasupaitribe.com. We are planning our next trip sometime next June and everyone is invited!

18 comments:

The Bonham Family said...

I loved every picture! Magical is a great word for it. I can't wait to be able to go there next year! Swimmin by those waterfalls would be amazing especiall if we have our sexy husbands with us! Im proud of you kickin butt on the hike. Don't worry we will get a pedicure for those beautiful blisters! I'll schudle one for Friday night! Tell Cole he is gonna find one hott wife one day!

Aly said...

That place is flippin gorgeous! How fun that you guys have been having so much fun lately! You two are beautiful! I had so much fun seeing you guys last night. We need to plan our shake party soon. We would love to have you guys over soon. As soon as we have this sickness gone in our house..You look amazing by the way. Love you

3 Men & a Lady said...

Seriously, AMAZING! You totally have me itchin' to go now! It looks like you guys had a blast!

..::k.toms::.. said...

You go on some fun adventures Nat!
Did you guys have a guide? I would LOVE to go there someday!

Heath said...

Nat- those picture look unreal, it looks like they are professionally retouched to be so blue and beautiful. I can't believe that is in Utah! I am itching to go there now it looks like so much fun. Did you camp along the way? Or is is ten miles round trip and you make it an all day thing? I'll check out the website but I am really serious about wanting to go there!

Heath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Bear said...

Hey Nat!
Amazing!! I've been wanting to go here for so long!! I agree..it is so worth the effort to get there!! :)
Shanda

brookeandruss said...

I love your pictures, you sexy mamma! I am so glad you guys had fun. I think Russ and I need to go next time.....well at least me. However, I may take the helicopter out:)

XoXo

Heath said...

Listen to this, I just checked Jamie's blog and she posted the same thing! She and Travis just went there too with the girls in her fam! CRAZY!~ Isn't that a coincedence?

The Bryner Bunch said...

Wow, I am proud of you Nat! Sounds like you had quite the adventure. Ben is dying to go there and after seeing that you survived and enjoyed it, I think I might want to go myself:) Love the pics and I'm sure it was so fun to be with your adorable fam!

JR and Brynn said...

That is so crazy b/c JR and I were just on Colorado River and at Lake Havasu this weekend. Crazy!! We shoulda all met up. Beautiful pics. I am glad you loved it as much as we did.

Lac said...

That looks like absolute heaven! I want to go there now! So glad to hear you guys had fun!

Ashlie said...

I just told Pattrick to go and look at your blog because I want to go there so bad. That looks like a blast...all except the hiking part. I suck at hiking! Love ya!

Cindy said...

How fun! Once again beautiful picutres! That's one more on my list of places to go thanks for sharing!

Suzy said...

This looks like so much fun! I can't believe that picture of your dad jumping off that cliff.... woohoo Paul!!! We need to go on more trips :)

Love ya!

Suz

Casey and Britt said...

Hi Natalee! I didn't know you blogged! You and your hubby are so freakin' cute together! :) It looks like you guys just got back from a fun vacation! Love ya!

Katie Corbridge said...

Natalee- What a gorgeous place! Nice job on the hike with a 60 pound bag... super woman! You and Makenzie look so good too!

The Morzelewski Family said...

Ok, so I soooo want to go there! A bunch of people went down at Dixie and I totally missed out and have been wanting to go ever since, you look like you had a blast! Now I just need to convince James to go somewhere that involves hiking and camping :-)